<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 10, 2004

My brain hurts 

by Christina
We love to talk about immortality and eternal life in this church, particularly in conjunction with our temple worship. But does anyone ever actually try to contemplate immortality? It makes me ache mentally when I try to wrap my mind around the concept. My husband thinks I'm strange -(for more reasons than this, let me assure you) - when other people get goosebumps talking about living with their families and God forever, I more often feel like I am suddenly being slurped into an endless pit. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the ideas of Progress, Truth, Love and everything else that is supposed to go along with living with God forever. I just don't understand it. Am I the only one who feels like the bottom drops out when I try to actually THINK about all these things we talk about in the church all the time?
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?