<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 03, 2004

A Simple Question 

by Kristine
So here's a simple question, for which I failed to come up with a satisfactory answer during 8 weeks of several-times-daily hikes to the top of the stairs in the Lee Library last summer(I thought that if I took the elevator, people would realize more quickly that I was pushing a matronly 35 and not a bouncy coed... women can be silly that way):

Doctrine & Covenants 88:118 is prefaced with "And as all have not faith..." This is nowhere explained, as far as I can tell, nor is it condemned; it's just tossed off as a dependent clause describing conditions on the ground. The solution? Books! Is this a suggestion that some fraction of the membership of the church is destined to be/remain faithless intellectuals? Is that OK? Is it part of the plan?

Help!
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?