<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Um, uh--the LP version 

by Kristine
Steve asked what I'm going to say on the Sunstone panel. I really don't quite know; I *told* Dan Wotherspoon that I wasn't sure I had much to offer, so they've been forewarned. (I'll try to at least wear something interesting, so I can be decorative). But here's my hypothesis, such as it is:

I think that there isn't really much difference between "Internet Mormons" and "Chapel Mormons." I think Internet apologetic battles may sway a few people around the margins, but I don't think there's any real effect on what's going on in the pews and in Sunday School. People self-select on the internet, just as they do with print media. People who only read the Ensign and Deseret Books stuff will not stray from lds.org. People who would read the stuff thrust into their hands on Temple Square will take a peek at the Tanners' website just out of curiosity. People who like FARMS will hang out at fairlds.org. People who like Dialogue and Sunstone will probably glance at timesandseasons from time to time. People look for code words that make them feel comfortable.

I'm sure I'm missing something--I'm a bit of a Luddite and I don't get out much :) So all of you smart people please fill me in!!
|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?